Thursday 12 December 2013

Low phase for Preity Zinta says Tajdar Amrohi

Filmaker Tajdar Amroh brother of late Shandar Amrohi has rubbished the allegations of Priety Zinta that his late brother had owed her over Rs 2 crore. Amrohi says that he had no information about the financial dealings between the two.

Actress Preity Zinta filed a suit in Bombay High Court, seeking to recover Rs 2 crore and interest of Rs 80 lakh from the surviving
members of Shandar Amrohi's family - calculated at an annual rate of 18% from the day after Amrohi passed away - August 22, 2011. The actress supposedly lent money to the late Shandar Amrohi to fight legal battles, with an assurance that it'd be returned. However, after his death, her requests for refund apparently went unnoticed, which resulted in the court case.

Tajdar rubbishes the claims stating, "What I find illogical is the fact that my brother paid over Rs six Crore approx, as Income Tax in 2011. Why would he be in debt? Also, since she was close to him, why didn't she tell him then that he owes her money?`

About his first reaction to the claims he adds, "I was taken aback as I didn't expect this from Preity. I wonder what prompted her to take this action. I was not as close to her as my brother but I treated her like family as my brother treated her like a daughter. She has come to my house, she is friendly with my wife and children.`When Amrohi made a telephone call to Prietym she said, "I have been busy. I will call you back in five minutes." I took it casually but she never called back. Suddenly, I come to know that she sends me a legal notice! I had to rub my eyes to see if it's really from her. I thought somebody is playing a joke on me. Within three days, she filed a suit, where she 'alleges' that she gave Rs 2 Crore to my brother."

Reports suggest, Preity filed the case when her requests went unnoticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment