Monday 16 December 2013

Aamir, Kiran Rao create bubbles in Koffee with Karan'

The latest episode of Koffee with Karan, this time saw Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan and his wife Kiran Rao being grilled by Karan Johar.

This was the first time the couple graced Karan's couch and got down personal with the host as they spoke about their work, family, marriage and the film industry.

When asked by Karan why he took so long to appear on the chat show, the straight-forward Aamir Khan said, "I did not know you well two three years back and whatever little I knew about you, I did not like it."

Aamir Khan opened about the relationship he shares with the other reigning Khans - Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan.

About Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir said: "I think there is a genuine regard and respect for each other's work and for each other's space. There is also certain amount of guardedness. There is certainly a warmth between Shah Rukh and me but there have also been moments where there has been stress in the relationship."

Asked whether he works to bridge the gap, Aamir said, "Our lives don't converge that much. He's doing very well for himself; he's got a great family and a great bunch of people around him. I don't think he really needs me or has space in his life for me. I wish him well. I like to see his work an as audience."Aamir Khan also spoke about his friendship with actor Salman Khan revealing how he didn't take much to the star initially. "In 'Andaaz Apna Apna', I had a bad experience working with him (Salman) . I didn't like him as I found him very rude and inconsiderate and a lot of things. Over the years whenever I met him, I was polite but after the experience of working with him in 'Andaaz Apna Apna', I just wanted to stay away from this guy. However, this changed sometime around when I split up with Reena (Aamir Khan's first wife). He walked into my life at a juncture when I was at my lowest phase ... I was going through a very bad phase after my separation and divorce. For about a year and a half I was just locked up in my house and I was on a downslide. That's when I bumped into him again and he said he wanted to come over. And he came over and we started drinking...I was drinking a lot at that time, I don't know how, but something connected there. It kind of grew, we began spending more time together," said Aamir Khan.

No comments:

Post a Comment