Saturday 14 December 2013

Dimple Kapadia's 'Fishy' Role

It's a rare treat for Dimple Kapadia fans when the gorgeous actress pulls herself out of semi-exile as she has done with new-director Gurmmeet Singh's What The Fish.

Says Dimple happily, `When I heard the script I immediately fell in love with it.It has many layers .I love my character in the film. I am sure I was right in accepting this film. At this stage I am not looking to work just because I must. I don't need to. My life is full. There has to be something inviting or something fun for me to give so much time to. How many films have I done in the last ten years? Not more than 6-7, I am sure. Though I am not counting.`


And she bursts out laughing in that trademark way of hers. `Look, I know people like you say you miss me on screen. That's very kind. But I have my own life, and very hectic and turbulent life. There are so many ups and downs....`

Her voice trails away, leaving the legal troubles over her deceased superstar-husband Rajesh Khanna's property,unexpressed.
She asserts, `Not just that.So much has happened in my life during the past six years. But a book on my life? No way! Every life is special. Every one has problems.Life has to be a rollercoaster ride.Otherwise, what's the point of living? Why should I make a song and dance about mine? I became a wife at 15 and was a mother of two at 18.So what? Lots of women marry young and become mothers at a young age. The only really special thing that happened to my life was that I married the superstar Mr Rajesh Khanna.`

She looks back at Rajesh Khanna superstardom with awe and affection. `He swept the entire nation off its feet, me included . What can I say about him that hasn't already been said?It's my regret that his fans never saw me on screen with him. We did a film called Jai Shiv Shankar.But it got shelved.`

No comments:

Post a Comment